'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time flies


I can't believe it is officially Autumn. Where does the time go? I will be walking in the Breast Cancer 3 day this weekend--60 miles over the course of 3 days. Thank you to all of my supporters for donating and helping to research a cure for this devastating disease. It has been 19 years (almost to the day the walk starts!) that I lost my mom to Breast Cancer. I walk because everyone deserves a lifetime. She was taken from us far too soon, and we miss her dearly. One of Drew's nicknames is 'Beans' cuz she would think he is 'full of beans'. I see her mischief in Drew sometimes--and know that she is one of the angels he communicates with on a regular basis. T Bone is up there too, as is Jason, among others we were blessed enough to have known. :)
Drew is doing well in his new class. His teacher Mary looooooooves Elvis. I got all excited when I thought she meant Elvis Costello, but no, she loves Elvis Presley. There are pics of him all over the room--even in the bathroom! They had special olympics the other day at Woodlands, and I was surprised to hear Drew enjoyed himself. He is usually so bored at that---he is like 'can't we just sit outside and enjoy the fresh air??' The pic above is from a few years ago and he looks like he is sooooooo over the whole thing. He was just waiting for lunch! Funny thing is, this time he won a ribbon for 5th place in something. I certainly hope they recycle those ribbons, and he got that more as a participant ribbon, cuz, really?? 5th place in the special olympics????? His age group does stuff like 'stationary ball hit'. okay? HMMMMM. Maybe less music appreciation and more emphasis on sports in is order. Speaking of which, he got allllllllllllll excited when he heard "if the house is a-rockin', don't bother knockin'" from Stevie Ray Vaughan on our MP3 player yesterday. The boy has good taste.
I am planning on posting gross pics of my feet this year after the 3day. I have an outlet now! Check back next week for an update on how many blisters and how many nails i lost---it is sooooo worth it tho. Cancer sucks.

1 comment:

dar said...

Hi!
I am so glad to hear Drew likes school.
I think it's great that you are doing the walk again this year! I know that it has a special place in your heart. I will be thinking of you and praying with you for support of all of those who's life has been effected by such a horrible disease. Your right cancer blows!
Love to all
XO

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.