'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sad Pet news




It is with a heavy heart that I write we had to put Ruger down yesterday. He was the best dog, the first dog I ever had, and a member of the family for 14 years.

He was our first baby--we got him shortly after we got engaged, and he 'grew up' with us. He was the kindest dog I have ever met---we were all set to pick up a littermate all those years ago, and I noticed this other puppy stepping btwn the bigger littermates and the runt they kept picking on. Several times! Then I looked closer at him and saw the most adorable cowlick on his nose. He looked right at Chris, and it was over! We told the breeder we wanted that one, and he spent the entire hour drive back to our house snuggled in Chris' arms in the backseat.
There was also the time in Detroit when, while on our front lawn chewing his bone, a little girl that we hadn't seen before ran right up to roo and TOOK THE BONE out of his mouth!! Chris and I were next to him and were freaking out! Roo just looked at her and wagged his tail. It all happened so fast, and another dog would have bit her, I am sure. You get the idea. He was a sweet dog and very protective of Drew and I.
He loved it up north and was a very fun, cool dog. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I totally understand your heartache. Roo WAS such a beautiful, loyal, gentle, friendly, sweet natured gift from God. I didn't see him much but I will never forget the summer we brought Shadow up to see his extended family and he and Roo played in Jim's yard, struggling to get under the hose Chris was squirting in the air!!! And the other times we visited, Roo was the perfect host dog! We will miss him too.

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.