'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fireworks

We had a great weekend. The Stony Creek fireworks were last night. Apparently, they are always the last Saturday in June, and we never knew about it till this year. Lori told us about them, and I am glad. Drew had a baseball game at 3 yesterday (it was a tie), then we came home, packed up some stuff and headed to the beach. Drew, Lori and I went swimming, while Chris and Dave set up camp near a grill so we could eat. We hung out, ate, listened to tunes, and watched the fireworks at dark. It was a nice show. Drew loved them. LOVED THEM! He would giggle everytime it would 'boom' then the flash would come a few seconds later. He kills me. He fell fast asleep in the car on the way home, and didn't even wake up when I put him to bed. Slept 7 straight hours too. Who are you, and what have you done with Drew???? tee hee.
Today, we hung out in the pouring rain the first part of the day, then Drew helped Daddy with yardwork while I made pierogies. Yes, I cook. occasionally. when I have time.
We are looking forward to going to the cottage Thursday for a long weekend. they have fireworks on the beach too, at Forest Lake. 2 weeks in a row of fireworks on the beach! who lives better than us, right?? I don't have any pics from the weekend, but I will include one from a while ago for your viewing pleasure. :)

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hey My Favorite Drew! I too, love, love, love the fireworks. Maybe next year you, mom, and dad can come to Soulstice and watch the fireworks off of Shelter Cove and we can listen to the music like we did last summer.

I hope you have a blast for the 4th of July. We are having a big party here in SC. So I am busy cleaning and scrubbing till everything shines and sparkles. Then, I have to make the food. It should be yummy.

Be good to mom and forgive her for having crazy ears that don't hear you right!!!! (:->) She tries really hard and loves you so much, her heart could burst open. And just when she thinks it will burst open, she finds more room to love you all the more deeply, carefully, happily, and wonder-fully!

You do rock my favorite Little M'Andrew. Have fun and keep in touch buddy. Love you forever, Aunt Terri ps: I have a sweet pic of you in my arms, while I was dancing with you at Mike's wedding. You were so happy dancing with me. I LOVED that!

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast (pun intended) tee hee! We should plan to go with you guys next year. Not sure how Ky would handle it. Sometimes loud noises freak her out and make her cry. Let me know when the next game is...I want to come!

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.