'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Thursday, March 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy Birthday Boogie!!!! 8 years ago tomorrow (27th) my hero was born. He had a rough start (understatement of the decade) and began his journey to remind all who get to know him what is really important in life. He is the strongest person I know. He inspires us every day. His birthday is always bittersweet for Chris and I...it was at once the best and worst thing that ever happened in our lives. Best, because we had planned our lives and looked so forward to our baby...worst, because it didn't go at all as planned; with lifetime consequences for him.
Having said that, you need to know that he has overcome incredible obstacles, and has come out smiling and laughing. I will say it again...he is the strongest person I know.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hey Team Kijek,

As you honor today's specialness, know that you are so loved and cherished. What would our world be without our beloved Boogie? I totally "get" the mixed feelings of joy and sadness. But for everyone who knows him, all you have to do is look into Boogie's sweet face and see why God gave him to us. He is a treasure and I too, am humbled by this most precious gift of Boogie. He is my hero too.

It makes me sad to be so far away. And in these hard times, I have not been able to take my usual trip to see him or you all. So, I love this blog.... cuz I can catch up with his ever changing look..... more and more like a little man than baby! And I can keep up with his antics and adventures. (:->)

I love you my sweet Boogie. I hope your 8th birthday is filled with joy, love, sweetness, and fun. And I hope your cake is so yummy!

All my love to you on this special day. Terri

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.