'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Thursday, February 26, 2009

March?!

Where has the time gone? I really can't believe it is the end of February already. CRA-ZAZY!!!! We are going to a Vegas night fundraiser for the PTO at Drew's school on Saturday. Drew is going to have a blast--his cousins are coming over to hang out. I see Rock Band in Drew's future!!!

We go on March 6th to have his plate removed from his hip surgery. It has been 6 months already! He won't need a cast or anything, just some rest and more rehab. Our next adventure is the Lokomat, a gait training device that uses robotic 'legs' and computer programming to pattern walking. It is at Children's/DMC rehab in Novi, and we will go 3x per week for 8 weeks. The sessions are an hour each. Hopefully, this will improve the brain/muscle connection and create pathways so the brain will communicate with his muscles and he will realize he has the capacity to walk. Then, it just a matter of balance, strength, coordination and putting all of that together on a regular basis! easy peasy. tee hee.
He loves to move, and is ecstatic when he is 'walking'. Challenger baseball starts soon...we are so excited!
We hope all is well...holla!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hey Drew!

Don't forget to tell mom that you are not only gonna be in a rock band... but you are gonna DANCE, just dance, It will be all right, just dance!!!

I can't wait to see it all. Maybe mom can snap some pics of you in action at Children's??? I hope so!

I miss you tons and hope you are doing well. You are so very special.

Hugs to you my sweet Little M'Andrew! Aunt Terri

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

wow...I am so far out of the loop with you. I hope all goes well on Friday for the plate removal. I am going to sound like an idiot here but does he have to stay overnight? You had better CALL me and tell me how things went.

AND going to Novi DMC. Wow. Take your camera :) I saw it on the news when Taylor Lindsey was in it. Super cool what it does.

Take care...hugs to Drew.

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.