'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hollow-een

Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday. Drew seems to like it, so we do the pumpkins, costumes, and trick or treating. My fave part of it is hanging out at the Madigan's with them and their neighbors. Jim and Jen bought the house we all grew up in, and I love going back there, trick-or-treating and seeing the old neighbors. NOT OLD! I mean, my former neighbors! :)
Jim and Jen's friends/neighbors and their kids are wonderful, and welcome us whenever we are over there for holidays, gatherings, or just-becauses.
We were looking forward to seeing the old (and new) neighbors and trick-0r-treating, but Boogie is not feeling well. He is super congested, had a fever today and is very lethargic. Thank Goodness he doesn't eat candy, and had a great time at his school party! It was enough for him. I wish he felt better. I have been giving him allllll kinds of love, snuggles, and essential oils to make him feel better.
I hope everyone had a great weekend, and we are looking forward to Thanksgiving. THAT is a real holiday. Togetherness, family, love, no commericalism, and fun. :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hugs to you all. I know your heartache for your sick little one, Mo. And I feel sad for Little M'An being so sick and lethargic. Wish I was there to help you, even for a few hours.

I hope today he is on the mend. You are my true heroes. Your struggles are real and difficult but you inspire the rest of us to keep on keeping on, no matter what. And after the tough stuff is over, and the calm and fun return, you remind us that life is still so precious and worth every single experience.

So much love your way today. Terri

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.