'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drew's school pic 2008


Finally, his school pic came back. We had to get retakes---the pic in Sept. looked really cute, except his eyes were closed. So, this is the re-take, taken in November, right around the time that his dry skin deal was going on under his lip. :( GRRRR.
Ever since he got his SpongeBob front teeth, he has smiled differently. I miss the old full-on, mouth-wide-open, just-heard-the-funniest-joke-ever smile!
Aunt Terri, mom wanted me to tell you that she will be mailing you a pic, but is letting you get your own frame, cuz I don't know where you will be keeping it!!! You KNOW how she is tho...it might take a while, but I saved one for you!!!!
Mom, Dad and I played hooky on Monday and went to the cottage to go snowmobiling on Sunday. Alger got about 2ft. of snow, and on Sat night, we got a couple of fresh inches! Mom didn't take any pics, but we had a blast going all over Forest Lake for about 2 1/2 hours! My longest trip yet! I am built for speed, and kept trying to reach the handle to either go faster or to drive crazy. If it's gonna be this cold, it might as well snow so we can play in it!!!! It was about 35 degrees and very nice out. Mom got stuck twice and daddy had to unhook my from the harness and get her snowmobile out! But the last time I got to ride back to the cottage with mom, so that was cool. She is lucky that daddy is so strong! We had a great weekend. Today mom and I stayed after school to see my girl Maddy at her Investiture ceremony at school. She and Hailey are girl scouts now, cuz the awesome Miss Patty and her friend decided to start a special needs troup so the girls at our school can be scouts.
It was really cool, and I am very proud of my friends. We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Mom will probably post again...she likes to brag about me if you haven't noticed!!! :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hey Guys! Merry Christmas!!!

I can't wait to get the picture of you my sweet Drew. And I have to tell you that those pictures that come out like they come out are YOUR special history of what you looked like and what was happening in your life at that time. So teeth in or out of your mouth, hair frizzed or permed aweully (like your grandma used to do to me) or funny clothes cuz you didn't dress for the reshoot, those are all what happened in history!

One time a bazillion years ago, I took Mike and Steve to get their pics taken at Olin Mills. MIke had lost his front teeth, and he was about your age. Anyway, that unkind photographer told my handsome, toothless Mike to close his mouth when he smiled because it was cuter!!! I was pretty angry at her and told her that if she wanted me to pay her for the pictures, I wanted my son to smile however he felt. I still have that sweet, toothless shot of Mike and his cute brother! I was really happy that Mike felt enough joy and didn't get that lady's unkind comments, and he just gave me his free, smiling, happy spirit in the picture.

I am glad that you guys had so much fun on the snowmobile!!! Your mom was always a crazy rebel, impulsively having as much fun as she could. So, I think it is funny that she got the snowmobile stuck. And what is really special about your strong, handsome daddy, is that he too, just loves the spontaneous fun. He loves mommy enough to laugh about the silly things that happen.

I love the Christmas pics with you on the sofa with your doggy. And I counted five stockings. Who do they all belong to?!?! I bet they are for your sweet animals, right?

I wish I could spend some Christmas time with you today. One of these days, maybe I will get up there again and we can have that dance you owe me.

I love you my Little M'Andrew. You take good care of mommy and daddy. You bring them and all of us in our family and your friends, so much joy.

Merry Christmas sweetheart. Love you too much, Aunt Terri

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.