'Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and, those who matter don't mind.' ~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Great things

Drew rocks like none other. He is able to sit with min or no physical assistance for minutes at a time. He can hold himself up in 4 point. He is learning to balance and starting to illicit the 'righting reflex' when he is falling instead of just giggling and toppling over.  AWESOME!  He is so fun and so smart and so so cool. He is sassy, crabby, stubborn, determined, hard-headed, fun, adventurous, and fearless.  He is my hero.  We were at the St. Lawrence festival and went on a few rides.  The scariest one was his fave...the Pirate Ship one that goes like hell from one end of the pendulum to the other. It was crazy for me and Aunt Kate...Drew was loving every second of the sensory, fast, backward g-force experience.  I needed time to recover, he didn't.
I wish there were more rides he could go on. I worry about the jerking motion on his neck (low trunk control) but there are a few rides we can do and he loves them.
He is getting so big.  I don't see it often, since we spend so much time together.  When I see how much of  his bed or the couch he occupies or how grown up he looks when I watch him in the rear view mirror, it takes my breath away. He has come so far in the past 12 years, but not far at all ( if that makes sense) in the conventional way. Every tiny step is a huge milestone for us. Thank God for the tiny steps...we are forever grateful.


No comments:

Thought for the Day

It isn't how you walk in life, but how you walk through life that matters.